Monday, September 30, 2013

October Library Centers

Hi friends! Are you ready for fall? I'm ready for pumpkins! It's almost time for our storybook pumpkin patch. I blogged about it here last year. And I showed you our video here.


My principal is already asking me if we're having our Storybook Pumpkin Patch again this year. You betcha!

I'm updating my flyer and ordering participation prizes. Check out the blog posts from last year if you want to try this. It's a HUGE hit with everyone on our campus, and it's SO easy to do! I hope you'll try it!


I'm planning our library centers for October. You can check out links to fall library centers here, and Halloween library centers here. For some reason, the rotting pumpkin center really appeals to me. I like the way the seedlings grow alongside the decay! I want to try that center.

My first live animal of the week arrives on Wednesday. I'll post pictures for you as soon as I get that center set up!

Happy fall, y'all!


5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Do you mind sharing your flyer? I'm not sure how to sell it to parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do this, just love the idea. Where do you get your spirit sticks from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my spirit sticks from spiritmonkey.com. If I didn't use spirit sticks, I'd get scratch'n'sniff bookmarks from Demco or goodies from Oriental Trading.

      Delete
  3. I am very excited about this activity! I have printed out your handout for my students and plan on introducing the storybook pumpkin patch today! I know they are going to be very excited when I show them the pumpkin that I made this weekend of Pinkalicious! I am anticipating all of the wonderfully creative pumpkins that the students will bring into the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Kristin! I can't wait to hear all about your pumpkin patch!

      Delete